kybella : Are you bored with your double chin? The most challenging parts of losing weight are the chin or submental area. It causes the face to look heavy and without a defined shape.
What is Kybella (deoxycholic acid) injection?
• Kybella injection (deoxycholic acid), also known as ATX-101, is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that delineates and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
• Kybella indicates to improve the appearance of moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with submental fat in adults. However, the safe and effective use of Kybella for treating subcutaneous fat outside the submental region establish.
How does Kybella work?
• Kybella is a non-human, non-animal formulation of deoxycholic acid, a natural molecule in the body that helps break down and absorb fats in the diet.
• When injected into subcutaneous fat, Kybella destroys fat cells.iv Once destroyed, these cells cannot store or accumulate fat. In addition, due to its cytolytic activity, Kybella does not inject into or in the vicinity of vulnerable anatomical structures.
What is this about Kybella?
Kybella is a product known as deoxycholic acid — it’s a product or substance that we naturally have in our bodies that dissolves the fat we have. This product synthesizes not derived from animals, nor is it derived from people. It is synthetic, so it is very safe and reduces fat under the chin.
Kybella is a deoxycholic acid, which is an acid that basically what it does is breaks down fat cells. It is a cytolytic drug; it destroys its cell membrane when injected into a tissue. Thus, when it injects into the double chin, it eliminates the fat cells that form it.
However, the FDA warns that it can also destroy other cells, such as skin cells, so a professional must supervise its administration.
It’s important to remember that Kybella is only approved to treat double chin fat, and we don’t know if it works or is safe for other parts of the body. However, scientific innovation does not stop. Now you can remove uncomfortable double chin fat without surgery.
How does Kybella work?
Kybella is injected directly into the neck’s fatty tissue (fat) to destroy and dissolve fat cells. Each treatment lasts approximately 15 minutes. At NewSkin Laser, Doctors measure and mark the area to inject. Then, multiple small injections with a small needle administer the acid. Many patients see visible results after 2 to 4 treatment sessions, but some may need up to 6 separate treatment sessions for optimal results. Therefore, each treatment should separate by 5-6 weeks.
It is a non-human, non-animal formulation of deoxycholic acid, a natural molecule in the body that helps break down and absorb fats in the diet.
When injected into subcutaneous fat, it destroys fat cells.iv Once destroyed, these cells cannot store or accumulate fat. In addition, due to its cytolytic activity, Kybella does not inject into or in the vicinity of vulnerable anatomical structures.
Mesotherapy to dissolve fat
It is a treatment that does not require anesthesia.
It is administered by injecting the area several times and requires up to six sessions to achieve an optimal result.This acid is usually present in our gallbladder released in the intestine, and helps break down the fats we eat.
Once injected, it begins to separate the fat cells immediately. Unfortunately, due to this fat breakdown mechanism, there is some inflammation.
The destruction of fat cells will also cause some bloating. Within 15 minutes, it is no longer active, and its result on fat cells is complete. The amount of swelling you get is variable, but in general, the larger the treated area, the more swelling you get.
How is the Treatment?
First of all —with this product (as we see here), the patient is marked, the patient evaluates, and all the essential structures are protected, where the thyroid gland is, where the muscles are, etc. and it is injected explicitly into that pattern as you are seeing at those points – which is where what is known as submental fat is located – which is what forms the double chin. So then, the patient comes to the office; this is the preparation he requires: photography, marking, local anesthesia, and a procedure that can take about 10 minutes in the office.
When do you see the change?
The patient must perform — here we see some before and after-effects that we will see after treatment of about three sessions. On average, the patient will need two to three treatment sessions, depending on the degree of fat or double chin (from submental fat). We must point out that this is the first FDA-approved product for this indication alone in the world.
In-office training will be done, only to doctors that the company chooses, better trained to use this product to be successful, as it has been in all the studies: about 2,600 patients treated.
How is Kybella administered?
Kybella is administered by a qualified healthcare professional.
1. Kybella gives by injections into the fat under the chin.
2. Each treatment session in the office usually lasts between 15 and 20 minutes.
3. The physician tailors the Kybella treatment to the patient’s aesthetic goals to improve the chin’s profile.
What are the results of the Kybella clinical trials?
• Many patients experienced visible results in two to four treatments. Treatment with Kybella resulted in high patient satisfaction.
• In clinical studies, 28%, 43%, and 55% of Kybella-treated patients had a grade ≥1 compound improvement after 2, 3, and 4 treatments.
• Patients also reported an improvement in the emotional impact of submental fat when asked how happy, upset, self-conscious, embarrassed, old, and overweight they felt after treatment to the amount of submental fat.
The results are permanent. Once the fat cell damaged with Kybella, they never return.
For years, liposuction has been the option to get rid of excess fat in this area, but Kybella will arrive on the Island in the coming weeks. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the first injectable treatment to eliminate fat.
Is Kybella safe?
• Kybella has focused on a global clinical development program involving more than 20 clinical studies with more than 2,600 patients worldwide, of which more than 1,600 treats with Kybella.
• Kybella’s production is a highly controlled, quality-assured, and validated process that complies with Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure patient safety. Kybella does not contain substances derived from humans or animals.
When will Kybella be available?
• KYTHERA chose to conduct a training-guided launch and developed a training program to educate clinicians on the safe use of Kybella and its approved indication. Medical school training will begin in June 2015. Kybella’s medical training programs will start in late summer. Doctors will be able to buy Kybella and treat their patients after training.
What are the side effects of Kybella?
Kybella’s safety profile is characterized. It Side effects include swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, or the formation of small areas of firmness. Adverse events with Kybella infrequently led to study discontinuation (1.6% of participants). We must take care when injecting Kybella to avoid the risk of mandibular marginal nerve injury and dysphagia.